The Nairobi West Hospital Cardiac Centre uses cutting-edge clinical innovations to treat and prevent heart conditions and offers a full range of investigations, treatments and management for cardiac conditions.
Some of the services available at the Cardiac Center include:
- Echocardiogram. Echocardiogram takes images of the heart, shows the pumping action, evaluates the function of the heart valves, and detects anatomic abnormalities.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG). It records the electrical activity of the heart and provides information about the heart’s rhythm, anatomy, and function.
- Stress Testing. The test evaluates the heart under conditions of physical activity. It analyzes the blood supply to the heart muscle and also evaluates abnormalities of cardiac rhythm.
- Holter Monitoring. It records the rhythm of the heart for 24 hours or more, and is designed to evaluate and detect any arrhythmia (palpitations).
- 24-hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring (ABPM).
We also have a Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory (Cath Lab) with state-of-the-art equipment for determining the condition of the heart and blood vessels. Services range from simple cardiac catheterization to complex interventional procedures.